Well, these pancakes were delicious and my first time experimenting at making paleo pancakes. Success! I knew I wanted to have a pancake recipe that I can call my own and since it is still apple season, I figured I’d attempt at an apple flavored cake.
You guys! I have FINALLY found a way to make hard-boiled eggs perfectly! The yolk is cooked just right and the shell doesn’t take half the egg with it. Score! Here’s what you do, you steam them! I used my handy dandy steamer but you can also do it over the stove if you have a steamer basket for a stove pot. My steamer is similar to this one. All you do is add an inch or two of water to the pot, cover and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, through your eggs into the steamer basket (not the water) and steam for 12 minutes. It was magical – see how perfect me egg is!?
Who’s excited for Halloween? I love scary things so I love me some Halloween. I am pretty bummed that I haven’t made it to a haunted house or watched any scary movies yet though! Did you know there are haunted houses that you have to sign a waiver in order to go through? That sh*ts intense.
I also enjoy dressing up for Halloween! This year we are thinking of being safari zombies and making Mojo (our lab pup) the lion that killed us. I dig it. Here are a few of my favorite costumes from years past.
Okay, enough of my gibberish. Go make these scrumptious pancakes!
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 medium apple or two small apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Coconut oil or oil of choice to grease pan
- Place pan on stove and grease with oil
- Place mashed bananas, eggs and almond butter in a large bowl and use a hand mixer and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix on low with your hand mixer until well combined.
- Fold in apple chunks.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon out pancake mix and place on skillet over the stove.
- Cook on medium low heat. Once the pancake starts to bubble it is ready to flip. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and devour!