Thanksgiving is next week! Not only does that mean it is a three day work week (woot woot) but it means the day is almost near that we get to unregrettably (is that a word? It is now!) get to stuff our faces with all sorts of delicious food with no regrets! #noregrets
For our family Thanksgiving dinner I put myself in charge of sweet potatoes so, I have been searching for a recipe that will top last years. I made Orange Goat Cheese Whipped Yams from Paleomg and they turned out great! I think I even converted sweet potato haters (weirdos) to lovin some sweet taters. Now I feel I set the standard too high so I need a really good recipe this year! Does anyone have any good sweet potato recipes they’d like to share??
This jam, is so good I could, okay did, eat it by the spoonful. #noregrets. I have a bunch of cranberries in the freezer that I got from a co-worker and I finally decided to do something with them! I could probably make three more batches with the amount of cranberries I still have but, I am most certainly not complaining.
Inspired by Palomg’s Raspberry Blueberry Jam
- 3 cups frozen cranberries
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2/3 cups honey
- Place the frozen cranberries in a sauce pan on the stove over medium heat
- Stir the cranberries often. They will start to breakdown within 10 minutes. Keep stirring until berries are broken down.
- Once all berries are broken down, add the orange juice and honey. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
*The longer you let simmer, the thicker it will become. It will also thicken a tad more once cooled. I enjoyed my jam over some plantain buns.