Happy week of Thanksgiving! There are some awesome things going on in the paleo world right now that I just can’t contain my excitement!
1. There is a sale on 15 different paleo e-books right now for only 99 cents! That’s like 15 books for $15 😉 This sale is for today only and there is only about 12 hours left! Check out this link to get your paleo bundle today! http://buckbooks.net/
2. Liz from Real Food Liz is offering her holiday recipes e-book complimentary! All you have to do is sign up for her email newsletters. She doesn’t send out too many emails so don’t think you will be bombarded with emails if you sign up. You can sign up here. IT’S FREE!
3. Juli with Paleomg just announced that she will be releasing a new cookbook August 2015! Along with 100 new recipes she will also be throwing her viewpoints on overall health. I said it before and I will say it again, JULI IS AWESOME! I will most certainly be buying this cookbook. Not only is she hilarious, she has been posting pictures of recipes she has been developing for this cookbook and they all look ahhmazeballs! You can preorder the cookbook right now for 26% off!
It is officially holiday season and that calls for treats! This paleo treat was given thumbs up from the fam jam and is so easy to make!
Chocolate Caramel Bark
- 1 bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/2 – 1 cup pecans
- shredded coconut flakes (optional)
- Himalayan pink salt
- For the Caramel:
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- First, make the caramel so it can cool while prepping the chocolate. In a sauce pan over high heat combine the full fat coconut milk and coconut sugar.
- When the mixture starts to simmer, turn heat to medium low and continuously stir for about 10 minutes. During that time the sauce will reduce and thicken. Cook and stir until desired consistency is reached and set aside to cool. It will also thicken a bit more when it cools.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt. I did mine in 30 second increments (stirring each time) so the chocolate wouldn’t burn. You can also melt the chocolate over the stove.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and pore the chocolate on it. Spread the chocolate out to about 1/4 inch thick. Don’t worry about taking up the entire pan with the chocolate (I didn’t cover the entire pan)
- Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate
- Add your pecans, coconut flakes and sprinkle with a little Himalayan pink salt
- Place in freezer for at least 45 minutes
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
**Notes – I did half mine with pecans and the other half with coconut flakes because of a nut allergy in the family. The pecans I used were already slightly salted so I did not add the additional Himalayan pink salt to that half. I did add the salt to the coconut flake side and it adds so much! I was able to find the Himalayan pink salt at Target by their kitchen utensils and tools.