Life can be extremely difficult sometimes. Everyone has their own issues and their own fights they are dealing with on a daily basis. It can be as small as trying to lose those two extra pounds to dealing with a death in the family or any other type of loss. How we deal with those difficulties, is what will set you up for success or failure.
The last few months haven’t been the easiest for me for a number of reasons. The choices I made last week, yesterday, tomorrow and two months from now is what will define me as a person and my future. How I decide to live each and everyday will set me apart from the rest. If I choose to go down a dark path that will only lead me to an unhealthy and unhappy future. If I choose to go down a positive path and surround myself with positive people that will hopefully lead to a life full of happiness, love, smiles, hugs, successes and joy.
Living a healthy lifestyle isn’t just about the amount of hours you put in at the gym or eating the right foods. You also should live and aspire to have a healthy mind and soul. It can be hard to obtain that these days with the daily heartbreaking news, seeing everyone’s “glamorous” life on social media and trying to live up to the “standard” or “where we should be at in life at such and such age.” Eating correctly and exercising regularly will definitely help you live a long life, but daily decisions and actions will help you live a long and happy life. It may be hard to take the first step towards a happier life because that might mean weeding out the friends lists or leaving behind past mistakes. Just like you pledge to start going to the gym and eating healthier, you should also pledge to have a healthy mind and soul.
Today, I pledge to live the happiest life I can live. I pledge to only surround myself with those I know will push me to be a better person. I pledge to treat others as I would want to be treated. I pledge to not let others get me down. I pledge to be a great big sister, loving fiance and a caring daughter. I pledge to respect myself and others. Most importantly, I pledge to not only feed my body correctly, I pledge to fee my mind and soul correctly.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken over Cauliflower Rice
For the Chicken:
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbls dried rosemary leaves
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- salt and pepper
For the Rice:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbls grass-fed butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Pour olive oil in baking dish (approx. 9×13)
- Place each chicken breast in the dish covering both sides in extra virgin olive oil
- Season to your liking with salt and pepper then sprinkle rosemary evening over chicken
- Place two slices of lemon on each breast
- Leave uncovered and bake for 40-45 minutes
- While chicken is baking, get out your food processor and using your shredder blade, shred the florets of the cauliflower
- Place the “rice” in a pot over the stove and add water
- Cook over medium high heat for 15-20 minutes
- Drain excess water and stir in butter and salt and pepper to taste
- When chicken is done cooking, dish up and dive in.