Today’s blog is going to be all about my bridal shower eats and drinks from last weekend! It was a party full of champagne, paleo foods, NOT paleo foods, gluten free desserts and of course presents (my personal favorite)! Sorry for the bajillion pictures but I am also sharing my Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail that I made specially for my shower. Let’s get this party started!
These Cheesecake muffins were GLUTEN FREE and tasted bomb! Like hi, I will just take the entire plate. Props to one of my bridesmaids!
Veggies, veggies and more veggies! Fresh vegetables and guacamole are an absolute must at any party and let me tell you, this guac, OMG! Seriously, I need the recipe and need it in my life every.single.day. Shout out to another wonderful bridesmaid!
As you can see from the pictures above, there were oodles of other foods. Gluten Free chips and crackers, pickles, gluten free meatballs and the list goes on and on and on. I just need to take a quick pause from talking food and show you this sign we got. I LOVE it so much! We are from and live in Wisconsin (obviously) and that little heart is Eau Claire, the city we live in. Is this not the coolest thing ever?! Love it love it love it!
Okay, let’s talk about this lemonade. I planned on making a different beverage but was having difficulties finding the correct ingredients and just decided to make my own and I literally winged it. BUT, it turned out and was a hit! I squeezed the lemons by hands and my thumbs still hurt today. After the lemons have been squeezed and the lemonade was being enjoyed, I received a citrus juicer! Little late on that… I made a huge batch because I was expecting to serve 25-30 people but feel free to cut this recipe in half. Leftovers are never a bad thing, though! Guys, I get married in just under a month…eeeeek!
Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
- 2 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1lb strawberries, stems removed
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups organic raw honey
- 1 750 ml bottle of Cucumber Vodka (yes, the entire bottle!)
- Juice lemons and add to a large pot. Puree strawberries in a food processor until smooth and add to lemon juice. Add one cup of water and honey to the lemon and strawberry mixture and stir. Cook over medium/high heat until boil, occasionally stirring. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine lemon and strawberry mixture, the rest of the water and vodka into a large serving container. Mix well and place in fridge to chill.
- Stir once more before serving and drink up!