I have been gone for far too long! My life finally slows down next week and I am anxious to get back to weekly recipe testing and sharing all sorts of delicious new recipes with you! Nick and I got married, finally! The only word I can find to explain our wedding day and entire weekend is, perfect. There are truly no other words. It was absolutely perfect! The weather, our family, friends, where we stayed, our church or venue, just everything was so amazingly perfect! Check out the views we had!
This picture below, of our perfect little family, is my absolute favorite! It just melts heart.
Okay, okay now back to the real reason you all read my blog – the food! Before we get to that though, I need to ask a little favor. Any local (Eau Claire/Chippewa Valley) area readers, can you please help me out and take this survey? I am going to start a weekly workout club where I invite people to my home and I put them through a workout. This will be open to anyone who wants to join me, even if it is just one of you! The short little survey will help me plan which day of the week and which time of day would work best for the most amount of people. Also, feel free to send me an email (email@example.com) if you would be more interested in a one on one workout session. It will be a ton of fun!
These cupcakes, packed full of protein and pure deliciousness! I made them for my hubby’s (still getting used to calling him my husband ;)) birthday the other evening when we had friends over. They passed the non-paleo eaters test, so I know they are good!
Triple Chocolate Protein Cupcakes
- 3 scoops chocolate protein
- 1/2 scoop almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk (may have to add more depending on your protein powder. If the batter is really thick, add a splash more)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup enjoylife chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- Line cupcake sheet with liners
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (minus the chocolate chips)
- Add all wet ingredients and mix until well combined with a hand mixer
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Add batter to cupcake sheet almost filling each cup to the top
- Add a few more chocolate chips on top of each cupcake top
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes
- Set aside to fully cool before adding frosting
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook (if you don’t own this cookbook, you need too!)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar, divided
- Place the softened butter in a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment (I used a mixing bowl and hand mixer). Whip on high speed until fluffy, scraping down the sides every minute or so, about 5 to 7 minutes – the longer, the better.
- Add the vanilla extract and coconut milk and beat for another 2 to 3 minutes, until fully combined.
- Turn the mixer off, add 2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar, and then turn on the mixer and process to combine. Repeat until all the powdered sugar has been added and the frosting is thoroughly whipped.
- If not using immediately, store in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For the best consistency, bring the buttercream to room temperature and rewhip it in a stand mixer before using.