Life is good, guys. Ever since my show ended I have been just loving on life. I am filling my belly with yummy food, packing my weekends full of family and friends and enjoying every moment of it. But, that doesn’t mean I am going all hog wild and getting off track with my nutrition and fitness. No sir ree bob!
I am in my third week of my reverse diet and feeling pretty good of where I am standing as far as weight gain post show. I am obviously aware that my show physique is not maintainable long term, but I am still being smart about my reverse because I don’t want to pack on the fat. One thing that is really helping me stay on track is pre-planning/tracking my macros. Every night I plug in what I plan to eat the next day and then get it all together (making sure I am hitting my macros). This maybe takes me a total of 20 minutes, maybe.
I always hear from people that meal prepping is so time consuming and hard. No it isn’t! It is definitely much more time consuming if you prep out every single meal you eat a week, but that’s not how I do it. I have found it much less time consuming and enjoyable (yes, enjoyable) to prep foods in bulk. This way, I don’t have to eat the exact same thing every day and I am not spending hours in the kitchen on a Sunday.
Here are the typical things I will prep on a Sunday night and I always do it while making my dinner for that evening because again, it saves time.
- Meat (grilled chicken, turkey and beef burgers)
- We will use this meat for lunches and if I am busy on a week night and don’t have the time to make dinner.
- Jasmine Rice is where it’s at and easy to make and it will get us through the entire week plus some.
- Sweet Potatoes
- I will either roast or mash a bunch up to add to lunches and dinners throughout the week
That is seriously all I do. I love to have a fresh home cooked meal for dinner so I make dinner almost every night. Another meal prep tip, always make enough food for dinner to have leftovers for the next day. There is nothing sweeter than having an awesome dinner and knowing you can have it for lunch the next day too!
Once my foods are prepped in bulk, I am able to create or decided whatever I want to eat the entire week. Again, I pre-track my meals the night before, head into the kitchen, throw them together (lunch and snacks usually) and I am done! I have a protein smoothie almost every morning so no meal prepping there either – win win.
This salad would be another easy thing to add to your bulk meal prep, seriously it is so easy. If you do that, I would keep the dressing separate.
Bacon Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad with Lime Dressing
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/2 red oinion, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbls lime juice
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until right before it gets crispy, pat greasy off and chop into small pieces
- Toss all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until all ingredients are well mixed and dressing coats everything
- Serve as a side with your dinner!