[Consistency] – the ability to remain the same in behavior, attitudes, or qualities. Man, you’d be surprised by how many definitions of consistency there is on the world wide web. This one really stuck with me when I read it, though. I have said it before and I am going to say it again, consistency is key. With consistent behaviors and actions you will be able to get in a healthy and mindful groove to reach your goals. You must be consistent with nutrition, making healthy choices, meal prepping and tracking, getting in your workouts, saying no to the extra piece of pizza or drink. With consistent actions comes results.
Another reason I really liked this definition is because it not only talks about behavior, but also attitude. It is amazing how a consistent positive attitude can change your entire day, your viewpoint and how quickly you reach your goals. Try it. When you have a negative thought, say or do at least two positive things. If you catch yourself judging someone for whatever reason, put yourself in their shoes, reflect on the situation and how they might be feeling. Being consistent with paying attention to your attitude will lead to a more positive mindset which will then carry over to more positive actions which will turn into you reaching your goals.
I am not talking about being consistent for a week, a month or a few months. I am talking about making consistency part of your lifestyle. You’ve heard me talk about creating your own healthy lifestyle too and consistency should be part of it. Having a healthy lifestyle isn’t just about the food you eat or how many times you go to the gym. It also means making consistent actions towards reaching your goals. Be consistent with the decisions you make, the actions you take and you will be surprised how “remaining the same” can change you in so many ways.
Now, go make these frozen banana pops because it is hot as F outside and we all deserve a healthy and scrumptious treat in our lives!
Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Frozen Banana Pops
- 5 bananas, cut in half
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 tbslp coconut oil
- pink Himalayan sea salt
- paper straws (cut in half) or popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Stick the paper straws or popsicle sticks into the base of each banana piece
- Spread the almond butter on one side of each banana piece, place the bananas on the parchment paper pan and place in freezer for 30 minutes
- In a sauce pan melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Dip each almond butter banana piece in the chocolate and coat on all sides
- Place on the parchment paper pan, sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt and place in freezer for at least 10 minutes
- Enjoy once the chocolate hardens
- Keep the banana pops stored in the freezer