Another obstacle race is in the books! Over the weekend I participated in a small town 5K obstacle course and it once again solidified my passion for fitness, health and obstacle racing. I was never one to enjoy running, still hate it. However, get me on a trail in the woods and I can just go and go. The rush and high I get when the race is over is unlike anything I have ever felt before. Not to sound sappy on this Monday morning, but it is like I know I am meant to do this. I am meant to compete in these races, push my body to its limits and see just how far I can take it. If the feeling I am talking about is something that you have never felt before, find it. Find the thing or things that make you so incredibly happy and fulfilled that you want to do it every chance you get and yell from the roof tops about it! I am serious – this is how obstacle racing truly makes me feel.
My husband and I will be competing in our second ever Spartan Race in September and I am beyond excited for it. We are actually flying to Philadelphia and the race will be at Citizens Bank Park which is home of the Phillies MLB team. The race concludes with a run up the iconic Rocky steps and you better believe I will get a picture just like this.
As you go through this Monday, the rest of the week, hell – the rest of your life just remember to do more of the things that make you happy. When you do, you will feel energized, fulfilled and down right happy.
We eat a lot of chicken in our household, and I mean it when I say a lot. It was time to change it up a bit so I came up with this marinade. This recipe would be great paired with any of these Kiss by Brooke side recipes.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Mixed Cooked Vegetables
- Cauliflower Rice
- Dirty Cauliflower Rice
- Bacon Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad with Lime Dressing
Dijon Mustard and Thyme Marinade Grilled Chicken
- 4 chicken breast, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Combine and mix together all ingredients except for the chicken and thyme sprigs in a small bowl
- Place the chicken breast in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade into the bag and then toss in the thyme sprigs. Seal the bag and make sure the marinade is fully covering the chicken. Place in refrigerator for 6-8 hours
- Fire up the grill and grill the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the middle or to your likely