Fall is absolutely my favorite season. Crisp mornings, warm afternoons, apple picking, pretty scenery hikes, it is all just perfect! I have a list of potential recipes to make for the blog that is about a mile long either containing apples or pumpkin. I don’t think I will be getting to them all this fall but I will sure try! My dad has a cute little apple orchard back home and that is another reason I love fall, endless apples! This recipe uses common ingredients, is completely paleo and very simple to make!
Let’s all put our hands up because it is Wednesday the holy hump day! Time to kick er into high gear and power through the rest of this week with our guns blazing! If you have been slacking this week with your nutrition or fitness, who cares. Fix it and keep moving forwards! Progress is not a straight path. There will be ups and there will be downs but we need to keep moving forward toward our goals.
I need your help with something! Comment below, email me, message me on facebook or instagram any questions you have about health, wellness or fitness or just life in general. I have an idea pondering in my head that I am thinking of putting into action. More to come later!
Paleo Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tblsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium apple, chopped in small chunks
For the topping
- 2 tblsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (excluding the topping ingredients and apple).
- In a large bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together (eggs, coconut oil, honey, almond milk).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the apple chunks.
- Fill each muffin tin almost to the top. In a small bowl mix the additional cinnamon and coconut sugar and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!