I was working on my personal growth this morning, like I try and do daily, and listening to a recording from one of my virtual mentors. He talked about the choices we make and how they are our choices, no one else. Where you are right now, the people that make up your circle, the job that you have, the shape you are in is all because of choices you have made. We are faced with an unbelievable amount of choices every single day and those choices is what shapes our lives. Those choices take us places. Maybe to places we never once thought imaginable or maybe places that we wished we’d never be. We are the only ones responsible for our choices and actions, absolutely no one else. We are where we are today because our own choices.
Some people take the easy way out and blame others for the situations they find themselves in or they aren’t brave enough to deal with the choices they made. If I had to guess, I would guess these people aren’t happy with where they are in life, in relationships, with their health and so on. Then there are those people that take life by the horns and own their choices. They own up to any mistake they made, they make rational level headed decisions and they think before they act. If I had to guess, these people are successful or on their way to success and loving where they are in life. So, who do you want to be? We all have a choice.
Switching gears over to this incredibly easy recipe with a punch of flavor. I am all about ease and simple ingredients and you can’t get much simpler than this. We eat chicken quite a bit so I like to change it up a bit and play with different flavors and cooking techniques. I have been all about my cast iron skillet lately. If you are sick of plain ole baked chicken, go get yourself a cast iron skillet!
Pan-Seared Cajun Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts, patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 tbslp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place all seasonings in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add avocado oil. Once pan starts to smoke, add the chicken and sprinkle the seasoning mix over all 6 chicken breasts.
- Sear the chicken for 5-6 minutes, flip the chicken and sear for another 5-6 minutes.
- Flip chicken once more so they are facing up right and place the entire cast iron skillet in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your side of choice!