Holy moly I feel like it has been forever since I last posted a recipe! It kind of has, since last week. My only excuse is #life. I have gotten a bit side tracked and off track from my normal routine and it is starting to bite me in the ass. I feel like a hamster on a wheel just running and running but never getting anywhere. I have decided that enough is enough and it is time to take back control of my life. So, starting Monday I am doing a complete reset to get back on track. I will be doing a 9 day reboot with my nutrition and also diving into a healthy mind and body program. I’ve never done either of these two things but I am pretty excited to see how all things turn out and what it does for me. Stay tuned for updates and if you want to join me, email me here!
Lets talk Thanksgiving. Did the holiday weekend get the best of you or did you stay pretty on track? Either way, it is a new week and yet another opportunity to attack your goals head on. There is a lot of holiday season left and spiraling out of control because of one bad weekend is going to make for a rude awakening come January. If you indulged a bit too much over the weekend, shake it off and move on. Focus on making healthier choices throughout your week and at your next holiday social.
These nuts, OMG. If nuts didn’t make me sick, I would have eaten them all. Luckily, I am going to a Packer party this weekend that I need to save them for so they won’t be as tempting! These would be a great snack to bring to any holiday gathering that you might have coming up. With these in hand, you won’t even have to think about the dessert table!
Salted Caramel Mixed Nuts
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup whole pecan halves
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and combine the nuts on a cooking sheet and roast them for 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Place a deep sauté pan over medium high heat and combine 1/4 cup water with the coconut sugar. Mix until all of the sugar is moistened. Cook until sugar melts and then let caramel simmer for 5-10 minutes only swirling the pan to occasionally mix (the mixture may look like it is crystalizing).
- Take caramel off heat and add the vanilla extract and swirl pan to combine. Add the nuts and sea salt and mix with a large spoon until the nuts are completely coated.
- Spread the nuts out on a parchment paper lined cooking sheet and sprinkle the Himalayan sea salt over the nuts. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Break any large clusters apart. Enjoy!