Alright ladies and gents, there are absolutely no more excuses to not start working on yourself and start crushing the goals you have set for yourself. The holidays are officially over and there is no better time than right now to take the initiative to be better. If you haven’t already, really think about what you want to accomplish in the next 30 days, 6 months and year. Right down those goals, make a plan to reach each goal, commit and get your ass moving. You are the only one who can make your goals a reality.
When things get tough, which they will, do not give up. Don’t let yourself be a statistic of how quickly people give up on their New Year’s resolutions. A way that I hold myself accountable is setting my goals with intention and knowing exactly why I want to accomplish them. That way, when things get hard I can reflect on my why and it gives me just the right boost to keep pushing forward. I have some big goals set for myself in the next year and I am ready and fully committed to doing whatever it takes to make them a reality. I am going to train harder than I have ever trained before, I am going to exercise my mind like I have never done before and I am going to push myself further than I have ever gone before. The question is, are you ready? Are you ready to push, grind, sweat and become the best version of yourself?
These waffles would also make very good pancakes. Next time I make these I am going to double the batch and freeze the leftovers for some pre-workout fuel. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 tblsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tblsp organic raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Poke holes in 1 medium sweet potato with a fork and place on parchment paper baking sheet. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven, remove skin and add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the mixing bowl with the sweet potato and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Follow the directions on your waffle iron and make into waffles. These would also make great pancakes.