I’m going to be honest, I am not a big Valentines Day person. I just see it as a day made up by the greeting cards, candy and flower companies to sell more of their products. I believe in saying I love you and showing gratitude towards your loved ones every single day. The hubby and I try to do date night once a week and find time to just talk every night without any distractions. Of course both these things don’t always happen, but we try to do it as often as we can and not just one day out of the year. I’d rather get a random bouquet of flowers at any given time just because he wanted to, not because he feels obligated to.
Some of our dates can hardly be called dates (which is a-okay with me) and that is because we just find something that we both enjoy doing and we do it together. Like, I try and schedule at least one of my workouts a week to be during the time he will be at the gym. Granted, we don’t always do the same workout, but just being there together to spot and chit chat during sets is really nice and fun! One of my favorite dates is our Friday night date night ins. We will decide together what we want for dinner, which we (meaning me) then make at home and put in a good movie and just hangout together. Nothing extravagant, nothing fancy or expensive. Just the two of us, in our comfies enjoying some time together. What do you and your hunnies do for date nights? I am always looking for ideas to change it up every once in awhile!
If you are looking for away to show your significant other a little extra love for Valentines Day, make them these cupcakes! They will love you forever and ever.
Vanilla Raspberry Cupcakes
Makes 6 cupcakes
Ingredients for the cup cakes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tblsp coconut flour
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup enjoylife chocolate chips
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp xanthium gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl add all the cupcake ingredients except for the chocolate chips and raspberries. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and raspberries. Fill each cupcake cup with batter and cook for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- While the cupcakes are baking, combine all the frosting ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, top each cupcake with frosting.