I am so proud of this recipe and so sad that it is already gone! I had some ladies over for brunch yesterday and they all loved it and then the hubby scarfed the rest of it up. It is actually really easy to put together, it just takes a little bit of time because of the cashew soaking and freezer time. You still have time to make it for your Valentine!
The sun is rising earlier, setting later, birds are chirping and it is going to hit 43 degrees today! Today, I am thankful for all of those things. Recently I have felt so go go go with my wheels turning at full blast but I don’t feel like I am getting anywhere. Have you ever been there? Before I started doing daily self affirmations and practicing gratitude every day, I would have slumped into my black hole and completely shut myself off to the world. Instead of doing that, I am reflecting on all the good things that are happening in my life right now and being grateful. The other thing I am doing that I wouldn’t have done in the past is I am still grinding and being consistent with my actions. Consistency is everything even when you can’t see the results. I might not feel or see any changes or results right now, but I will if I stay consistent.
The same thing goes for all of you. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t see immediate change or if you take a step backwards. Keep turning your wheels, stay consistent and be grateful. Gratitude and consistency can do amazing things to your mindset. A healthy mindset then helps you get through the tougher times when giving up sounds easier than keeping one foot in front of the other. The biggest changes in people’s lives usually come when they are just about ready to give up. I am hear to tell you, keep going!
Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake with a Chocolate Drizzle
For the crust:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 tblsp organic unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp course sea salt
- 2-3 cups strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips, melted
- Soak cashews in room temperature water overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until walnuts are finely chopped. Grease a springform pan and cover the entire bottom of the pan with an even layer of the crust.
- Wash your food processor then add all of the filling ingredients except for the strawberries and chocolate chips. Pulse until completely smooth, 5+ minutes depending on your food processor.
- Add the cheesecake filling to the pan with the crust and place in freezer for 12+ hours. Remove from freezer, place the strawberries on top and drizzle with chocolate. Serve immediately or store in the freezer.