Happy Monday! What a beautiful last couple days of weather we have been having! I don’t feel like it is February 20th, I feel like it is April 20th. We had temperatures nearly in the 60’s Saturday and Sunday and today is down pouring with rain. This fake spring weather is getting my hopes up for summer! I say fake because they are talking a bunch of snow for the end of this week!
How are your fitness and health goals going? We are almost two months into 2017 which definitely means a lot of people have given up their resolutions. I know a lot of people always set out on the new year with a lot of ambition and set goals to lose weight and get healthier. Are you sticking to them or have you lost sight of them? It might be easy to want to give up right now but it is not the time to throw in the towel. Remember why you decide to reach for this goal and use your why to drum up some extra motivation.
I tell all of my clients to write their goal down and put it somewhere where they will see it every single day. I also tell them to envision themselves reaching their goal. When they hit their goal, how do they feel, what are they wearing, what are they proud of, who is with them? Once you can envision what it will be like once you reach your goal, you will build belief that it is possible to achieve.
This recipe was a fly at the seat of my pants recipe because what I had planned completely failed. I almost didn’t even want to share this recipe but my husband devoured them so I figured if he liked them, some of you might too!
Chewy Cashew Vanilla Protein Bars
- 2 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 tblsp raw organic honey
- Inside of 1 vanilla bean
- 3 tblsp water
- 2 scoops high quality grass-fed vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 tblsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place the cashews and water in a food processor and process for 5-10 minutes. You want it to be almost to the consistency of butter but it doesn’t have to be as smooth.
- Add in the honey, vanilla bean and whey protein powder and blend until all ingredients are combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish. Put the cashew mixture into the baking dish and press down with your hands until the entire surface is covered and smooth. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and place in freezer for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Enjoy! Keep refrigerated.