You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. I am sure you have heard of this saying before and I bring it up today because in order to hit your goals or make a change in your life, you have to take action! You can research, educate yourself, come up with a plan but if you don’t act on those things, you won’t get anywhere. Yes, you should educate yourself on what it means to be healthy. Yes, you should put time and research into anything you are thinking of doing or trying. Yes, you should come up with a game plan. Then, take action! You can have all the tools and resources of success handed to you but it is up to you to act on those things. It isn’t up to anyone but yourself to make results happen.
Most importantly, take consistent action. Living a healthy lifestyle isn’t a smooth sailing process. It is a lot more like a roller coaster. There will be highs, there will be lows and there will be no movement at all. The more consistent you are the easier it will be to control your roller coaster and figure out how to ride it. Be proud of the accomplishments of your highs and use it as motivation in times of your lows. If you get stuck, seek help and keep pushing forward to reach that next high. Roller coasters are meant to be fun and bring joy. Keep moving on your roller coaster of a healthy lifestyle and take consistent action to keep your roller coaster moving forward.
Well before my paleo days and knowing squat about nutrition Hamburger Helper was a weekly occurrence. When Nick and I were in college we would make Hamburger Helper together and have a little romantic date night in. I laugh at this now! I couldn’t tell you the last time I have had Hamburger Helper (probably my sophomore year of college) but now I can bring it back!
Spaghetti Squash Hamburger Helper Casserole
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 lb grass-fed ground hamburger
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (the white thick milk of the can)
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tblsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and cook the spaghetti squash for 30 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking place a deep skillet over medium high heat and add the coconut oil and onions. Stir the onions consistently and once they become translucent add the ground hamburger. Brown the hamburger until no pink remains and drain the grease.
- Place the ground hamburger back on the stove and add the spices, coconut milk, beef broth and tomato sauce. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add the tapioca flour and mix well. Let simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. When the spaghetti squash is done cooking remove from oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Then, shred the “spaghetti” into the baking dish.
- When the hamburger mixture is done simmering add it to the spaghetti squash and mix well. Cook for 1 hour and let cool 5-10 minutes before diving in.