Happy Monday beauties! I caught myself the other day being hesitant at doing something because I was worried what other people might think. After about 10 seconds I said screw that, I’m going to do it because this is me and I am not going to hide who I am! If people don’t like it or want to judge me, then they can because I am not going to allow other’s negativity determine how I live my life.
It isn’t always easy to put people’s opinions about you to the side and not let it affect your feelings and sometimes I fail miserably at it and become very self conscious. But you know what? I am not living my life for them. I am living my life for me. I choose to surround myself with uplifting positive people who will make me a better person so why should I care what naysayers think? What good will that do?
I am strong. I am determined. I am focused.
Those were my words of affirmation this morning. I have goals and dreams and I am not going to let anyone ruin my journey, my future. Go be you because there isn’t anyone else who can do it better.
This dinner can be thrown together rather quickly, has minimal clean up and would be perfect for meal prep! Did I mention that it is fricken delicious? Feel free to use a different cooking oil or seasonings. Enjoy!
One Pan Chicken Dinner
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tblsp avocado oil, divided
- 8 oz broccolini
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Mrs. Dash Chicken Seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place a large cast iron skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
- Add 1 tblsp avocado oil to the skillet to heat up. Season the chicken breast with the chicken seasoning and salt and pepper. Once the skillet is hot place the chicken breasts in the skillet and let sear for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the breasts and let sear for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is searing, place the broccolini and potatoes in larger bowl and toss with 2 tblsp avocado oil and salt and pepper. Once chicken is seared on both sides, add the potatoes and broccolini to the cast iron skillet with the chicken breasts and place in over for 25 minutes. After 10 minutes of the chicken cooking in the oven, add the cherry tomatoes and continue cooking.
- Dinner is served!