It’s a new week and we all have new opportunities to crush our goals! To be 100 percent honest, my attitude has been piss poor lately and this week I have decided to put the kibosh to that! Life happens with mistakes, not so ideal circumstances, lack of motivation and so on. How we react to these situations sets up our mindset and how we pursue forward.
I am taking this week on as a fresh start. I have my to do list ready to go, my workouts scheduled and programed, a lot of food prepped and I am devoting myself to read 10 pages a day in a new book. We all have those things that throw us off of our tracks, it is called life. Sometimes we can handle those situations really well and stay on track, but other times we get completely thrown. When we get completely thrown we need to fight to get back on track. Sometimes we can get back quickly and other times it might take a little while. The most important thing is to get back on track as soon as possible. There is nothing more hindering to results than a poor attitude.
Have you taken the time to set yourself up for a kick ass week? Do you know what you will be eating? When you will be going to the gym? When you will have “me” time? Seriously, schedule these things and you will see how much easier it is to get back on track with a happier and energized attitude!
After making this stir fry, I will never have to set foot into an Asian restaurant ever again. It is so delicious and so easy to make and it gives you plenty of leftovers. I had it for lunch yesterday and probably will have it for dinner tonight. I had mine over jasmine rice, but cauliflower would be a great option too. I have linked two cauliflower recipes below. Enjoy!
Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lb stew meat
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (5 oz) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tblsp ghee
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tblsp tapioca flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a stir fry pan on the stove over medium high heat and add the stew meat. Cook until browned. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the ghee. Add the garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables, a little salt and pepper and mix well. Let cook for 10 – 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Then, add the cooked stew meat, coconut aminos and tapioca flour and mix well. Let cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice or cauliflower rice.