Happy May Day! It is a new week AND new month! This is the perfect opportunity for a fresh start at any goals that might have been placed on the back burner recently. Maybe you crushed your goal and you are ready to get started with a new one. There is never a better time then right now to start working towards a better you!
Today starts one of the busiest months I’ve had in a really long time. Every weekend is booked, I have my first Spartan race, I turn a year older and about a million and one things to do in between. But, it is all the good kind of busy so bring it on! Last week I talked about how I plan and prep for busy weeks. If you missed it, check it out here!
I heard it was national BLT month. I have no idea if that is true, but it did give me the inspiration for this recipe! It is the perfect blend of spicy and can be thrown together in under 20 minutes! This would be the perfect addition to your weekly meal prep for lunches or quick thrown together light but packed full of flavor dinner!
Spicy Chicken BLTA
- 2 boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 slices of bacon, cubed
- 1/2 head ice burg lettuce, cut into boats
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tblsp ghee, divided
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a small sauce pan over medium heat and add 1 tblsp ghee and hot sauce. Bring to a bowl and then lower heat to low and let simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tblsp ghee. Once ghee is melted add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Once the chicken is almost fully cooked add the bacon pieces. Once the chicken and bacon is fully cooked lower the heat to low and add the hot sauce mixture and mix well. Let cook on low for 2-3 minutes. Remove the chicken and bacon from the heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes and avocado and mix well.
- Create your Chicken BLTA by adding the mixture to your ice burg lettuce boats. Enjoy!