Last fall I met an incredibly kind woman at the nail salon and I learned that she is the editor for a local magazine centered around motivating, energizing, inspiring and coaching women on life. 5ive For Women is designed to empower women through thought-provoking articles centered around faith, family, friends, fitness and finance. After meeting her, I immediately went online and binge read her most recent publications. If you have never picked up a copy of 5ive For Women I highly encourage you find a copy right now or visit the website. The content of this magazine made me feel like I could conquer all as a wife and someday mother all while staying focused and driven on the things that are most important to me. The world can be a dark and scary thing at times and 5ive For Women is the sunshine that makes life brighter. It creates a safe community where women of all backgrounds can bond, experience things together, get advice, and feel empowered as a woman.
A month ago, I was asked to submit an article for the magazine related to summer fitness. I was honored to even be considered to do such a thing so I immediately said yes! I have never written for a magazine so I wanted to be sure to give it everything I had. I wanted to make it motivational and inspiring for women that staying or getting fit in the summer is do able! The article turned out better than I ever imagined and the feedback I am receiving is humbling and appreciated. You can read the article here.
I hope to use this experience to show others that when you have a passion, when you focus your time on the things you love doing that life can be pretty great. Do more of the things you love because you never know where it will take you or which doors it will open for your future.
I found a new weekly staple for my meal prep and it is this recipe! I would have just ate and ate and ate it. This recipes has very simple ingredients, simple steps, and is a simple clean and nutritious meal. Go make it now!
Chicken Fried “Rice”
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tblsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 15 asparagus sprigs
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- optional toppings: cilantro, green onion, avocado
- Place a medium size skillet over medium heat and add the coconut aminos, sesame oil and lime juice. Mix and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. The sauce will reduce and thicken. Once the sauce “sticks” to a spoon remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse 5-10 seconds until cauliflower is riced. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Season with some salt and pepper. Cook until all chicken pieces are cooked all the way through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add the remaining coconut oil to the skillet and add all the vegetables except for the riced cauliflower. Mix well and let cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the cauliflower, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper and mix well. Let cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and sauce and mix well until all ingredients are coated with the sauce. Add your toppings and enjoy!