And just like that the long holiday weekend is over! I’m sad to have had the weekend fly by so quickly but am happy to get back to my routine and back on track with my nutrition. No matter what food or drink choices were made over the weekend, it is time to move forward and get on track again. When I get out of my routine for a few days or eat some foods that don’t make me feel the best I have a few things I like to do and stick to for a couple days to start feeling normal again.
- Lemon water – I drink as much water as I can in a day and have lemon with my water at least 2-3 times throughout the day. The lemon will help with digestion and get the metabolism moving again.
- Fresh whole foods – I will be sure to always fill my plate with whole fresh foods and focus on having the majority of my plate vegetables.
- Eat, not deprive – I still eat! Many people think they need to eat less after indulging but that does more harm than good. It is beneficial to your body to get back to your normal eating habits as quickly as possible and fueling your body with nutrient dense meals.
- Sweat – a good sweat session always makes me feel better after a long weekend of indulgences.
Getting back on track doesn’t have to be a long process or hard. It is a decision and choice. It is recognizing that you can have balance by indulging for a day or two but knowing when it is time to get back to your routine of healthy eating choices and weekly workouts.
This cocktail was the only drink I had all weekend and it was so yummy! I’m not a huge drinker but I have been exploring more beverages made with real ingredients and this cocktail did not disappoint! This is quick to make and would be perfect to serve for any other parties this summer or just for an evening cookout! I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July!
Watermelon Lime and Cucumber Cocktail
- 9 cups watermelon, chopped
- juice of 5 limes
- 10 oz cucumber vodka
- cucumber and lime slices for garnish
- Place the watermelon, lime juice and cucumber vodka in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour watermelon mixture in individual glasses with ice and garnish with lime and cucumber slices.