What’s going on, guys? Summer is almost half over and soon it will be cooler and pretty fall colors will be gracing us with their presence. Crazy to think that 2017 is more than half through and Christmas is only five months away. Do you remember your New Year’s goals? Are you still going after them? I hope you are. If you are, that is absolutely amazing and keep up the hard work. The more consistent you are and the more energy you put in now to reach your health goals, the more long term success you will have. Keep going!
If your goals have fallen by the wayside, how come? What changed that you no longer have the drive to meet that goal? Most people set goals as a motivation to be better at something. Whatever your goal or New Year’s resolution was, you set it for a reason. Do you remember that reason? Maybe it was to look sexier in a bathing suit, have more energy to play with your kids, to feel more confident or to be able to carry the groceries in the house without a struggle. I bet you still want to feel those things. Who wouldn’t want to be able to strut their stuff across the beach, keep up with their kids, be confident AF or only take one trip with the groceries? You deserve to have the long term benefits of the goals you set for yourself. You failed, so what. Get back up and try again. Failure is a sign of trying. Continuing to push forward is a sign of courage. Are you content with failure or do you want to be courageous? Stand up, wipe the dirt off your knees and try again.
Energy protein balls are just the best. You can basically make any concoction and they will taste amazing. These energy balls have the perfect combination of chocolatey peanut butter goodness with a hint of mocha and would be a perfect pre-workout snack!
Chocolate Mocha Protein Energy Balls
- 1 cup organic/natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop Mocha IsaLean Shake
- 1/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Place peanut butter, chia seeds, maple syrup and Mocha IsaLean Shake in a food processor and pulse until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop, form the energy ball mixture into a ball then coat with cocoa powder. Place on parchment paper and place in fridge for 15-30 minutes.