A long holiday weekend is upon us which means for a lot of us the food and drinks will be a flowin’. To make this Labor Day a bit easier to stay on track with your health and fitness goals, I have rounded up 13 dessert recipes that would be perfect to serve at any cookout or gathering this weekend. Desserts are something you know you will find at just about any holiday get together so instead of having to use all the will power you have to skip dessert, feeling left out because your dietary needs don’t allow for you to have “those” desserts, or you simply just want a healthier choice, bring your own dessert!
- Strawberry and Roasted Almond Sundae
- Triple Chocolate Protein Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Strawberry Fudge Cookies
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Frozen Banana Pops
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Almond Butter Cake Cups
- Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake with a Chocolate Drizzle
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Frozen Bites
- Protein Puppy Chow
- Salted Maple Banana and Blueberry Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
I say it around every holiday and I am going to say it again. Holidays are a time to enjoy your time with family and friends and indulge a bit. Restricting yourself during these times will only result in binging or other bad behaviors later on. You want a cookie? Eat a damn cookie, but don’t eat the entire pan. Allowing yourself to indulge but not over indulging will help you feel much better coming off the holiday weekend and you will be able to jump right back to your normal routine with no problem at all.
With all the above dessert recipes and this new Strawberry Popsicles recipe you have lots of choices to make this a great Labor Day weekend!
Paleo Strawberry Popsicles
Serves: 5 popsicles
- 1 1/4 cup strawberries, stem removed and sliced
- Cream from 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place 1 cup of strawberries and all other ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry mixture evenly into 5 popsicle molds and add a few slices of strawberry to each popsicle mold. Place in freezer for 4+ hours.
*Before eating, let the popsicles sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.