This week’s focus is mindset. I like to set a focus for the week and work on it each day of the week to eventually turn it into a habit. A positive mindset will lead to positive outcomes so why not try to conquer this train of thought ASAP. All circumstances, good or bad, in our lives shape who we are and how we react to those circumstances shape our lives.
Crappy things happen to people all the time but what sets certain people a part from the rest is their mindset and how they handle those crappy experiences. When unfortunate things happen to us there are two ways to handle it. We can dwell on it, be mad and let it affect the rest of our day, week, month or even longer. Or, we can look for the positive in the situation and be grateful for having gone through such a thing. A bad attitude will attract bad situations. A positive attitude will attract good situations. Practicing gratefulness and positive mindsets will help us better react and move forward when things don’t go our way. Just the other day someone went flying through a red light when I had the green arrow to go. Luckily, I looked before I went and was able to see the other driver and avoid the accident. After five seconds of a minor heart attack, I had two choices. I could be pissed at the other driver for almost causing what could have been a horrible accident and let it ruin the rest of my day; or I could be thankful that an accident didn’t occur and everyone is safe. I chose to be positive and be thankful for safety and after making that choice I was able to happily go about my day. Life is only as good as your mindset so I challenge you to use this week to focus on your mindset and watch your life change for the better. Let’s make it a great week!
To make this an even better week, make these Sweet Potato Pizza Bites because they are absolutely heaven. I love me some pizza and now I have a much healthier, lower carb option when I have the itch! Plus, now that football season has kicked off these would be the perfect football party appetizer.
Sweet Potato Pizza Bites
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed, ends removed and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Uncured pork pepperoni or any other pepperoni
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup Daiya dairy-free or regular shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12oz all natural pizza sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato slices on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush each side with coconut oil. Bake for 40 minutes flipping halfway through.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, add the ground sausage to a large skillet over high heat and brown until fully cooked. Add the peppers, seasonings and pizza sauce and mix well. Bring to a low heat and let simmer until sweet potatoes finish cooking.
- Compile the pizza bites by first placing two (or more) slices of pepperoni on each sweet potato slice. Then, add a scoop of the Italian sausage mixture to each slice and top with mozzarella cheese. Place the pizza bites in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!