Everyday we are faced with a plethora of choices. Those choices shape how our day will go and how we handle each situation that is thrown at us. You know those annoying people who are happy ALL THE TIME? They aren’t just some weird create with extra happy bones. They choose to be happy every day! Happiness is a choice. Just like living a healthy lifestyle is a choice.
Every morning when we wake up it is a new day, our slate is clean and we have a shit ton of choices to make. It is up to you to prioritize those choices and make decisions that fit your life, your needs and wants, and your goals. Some of your toughest decisions will be the best choices for yourself. Every choice you make determines who you are. Do your choices reflect who you think you are as a person? Are you making the best decisions to be your best self?
Tomorrow when you wake up say these things out loud:
- I choose to be happy today.
- I choose to make healthy food chooses today.
- I choose to get in a kick ass sweat session today.
- I choose to make someone feel special today.
Then, let me know how your day goes!
You know me, I am all about simplicity when it comes to my food! I don’t want to be spending hours in the kitchen cooking up fancy meals. I want food that taste good, is good for me, and easy and quick to put together. Hence, another one pan dinner! I shared a One Pan Chicken Dinner a couple weeks ago and you can get the recipe here.
One Pan Shrimp and Root Vegetable Dinner
- 1lb raw large shrimp, tail off, peeled, deveined
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 tblsp coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the root vegetables with half of the spice mixture and 2 tblsp coconut oil. Spread the root vegetables evenly on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with the lemon juice. Pour cold water into the bowl until the shrimp is fully covered. Set aside for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain the shrimp and pat dry. Toss the shrimp with the remaining coconut oil and spices.
- Once the root vegetables have cooked for 25 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and place the shrimp directly on top. Place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!