On Monday I said how I wasn’t a big Valentines Day fan because I believe in showing love and receiving love from loved ones every single day. I like to show my love for others in the form of food. If I only had to worry about myself, my dinners would be really boring and treats wouldn’t be found in the house (I’m not much of a sweets person). Now that I am married and have another person to think about, every night I want to provide a healthy meal for my husband because I love him and want him to have a good meal for when he gets home. I make sure he has enough food in the fridge for his lunch and snacks the next day and I make him little treats every so often.
There are so many more ways to show people that you love them too. Sending them a random I love you or I am grateful for you text or note. Buying them a “just because” gift. Planning an evening out together or evening in. Enjoying an activity with the person that you know they really enjoy. Doing a house chore that they normally do. Bringing them breakfast in bed or making them a little treat to enjoy. Packing their lunch. Be creative because love shouldn’t be shown just sometimes, it should be shown every day!
If you are planning on staying in this Valentines Day and are looking for some ideas of what to make for dinner, treats or plan to surprise your love with breakfast in bed, I rounded up almost 30 recipes that would be perfect! This Chorizo Sweet Potato Hash would be a great addition to a morning breakfast date in bed.
Recipes that say “I love you!”
- Valentine’s Day Seduction Snacks
- Strawberry and Roasted Almond Sundae
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Single Serve Chocolate Protein Cake
- Vanilla Almond Butter Cake Cups
- Paleo Pomegranate Chocolate Bark
- Vanilla Raspberry Cupcakes
Breakfast in Bed
- Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
- Supreme Quiche
- Apple and Sweet Potato Hash
- Blackberry Pancakes
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Italian Sausage Egg Muffins
- Yukon Gold Potato Breakfast Skillet
- The Everything Quiche
- Sweet Potato Waffles
- Homemade Hot Chocolate
- Bullet Proof Peppermint Mocha
Date Night In
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken over Cauliflower Rice
- Twice Baked Acorn Squash
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Mustard and Cilantro Baked Salmon with Asparagus
- PB&J Bacon Burger
- Fiesta Lime Shrimp and Zucchini Bowls
- Pan-Seared Cajun Chicken
- Loaded Butternut Squash Soup
- Mexican Chicken Chili
Chorizo Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 12 oz chorizo meat
- 3 eggs
- Place a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Once the oil is melted add the green pepper and onion and let cook for 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Then, add the sweet potato and let cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Once sweet potatoes are fork tender, add the chorizo meat and ground and cook until fully cooked.
- Place another skillet on the stove and cook the eggs to desired liking. Once chorizo meat is fully cooked, place the eggs on top of the hash.
- Enjoy with your hunny!